Skip to main content

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han (Review #78)

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT: IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THIS FAR IN THE SUMMER SERIES, STOP NOW. DO NOT READ. THIS IS BOOK 2. FOR THE REVIEW ON BOOK 2. CHECK OUT THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY!

"After spending every single summer at Cousins Beach, Belly's life is about to change. Since her brief relationship with Conrad fizzled out this past winter, she'll be staying home for the first time. Her best friend, Taylor, has lots of plans for them - boat parties and tanning by the pool and new boys to obsess over. But when Jeremiah calls and says that Conrad has disappeared, all roads seem to lead back to the beach house. Will Belly spend another summer chasing after Conrad, or will she finally be able to let him go?"

Review:
Let's begin by saying that the first book could have been a stand-alone book. For goodness sake, the second book is like the author is saying "Sike! Ha!" Conrad and Belly dated for a month and then GAVE UP?! WHAT?! I was rooting for her and Conrad from page one of the first book, my wishes are granted, and then the second book comes in and crushes everything?! Who do you think you are, Jenny Han?! Jeremiah is a sweet kid. But I'm still team Conrad all the way. It took me a while to get over their little stint of a relationship before I reinvested myself in Belly's story. A good portion of the book was back story of what happened between the first and second book/summers. To top it all off, Belly is still a whining child. I honestly wanted to jump into the book and slap her around a bit! She clearly is still pining over Conrad but thinks she can get over him by making out with his brother. She's quite shallow if you ask me.  Overall, I'm still not impressed by this trilogy but I guess I'll finish what I started and read the next book.




Want more Jenny Han Books? Check out her series with Siobhan Vivian, Burn for Burn! For book 1 check out Burn for Burn & Fire with Fire for book 2!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Review #20)

"Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can. She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed. There is. She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong." Review: This is a book you simply have to read. It's probably a part of my top ten favorite books list. Mara is this girl who just lost her friends and boyfriend in a terrible, but also peculiar, accident and now people who tick her off - and who she's attracted to (cough-cough-Noah-cough-cough) - are in her powerful line of fire... It's a tantalizing tale that will have you (for a lack of a better cliche) gripping the edge of your seat!!

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen (Review #34)

"Ever since her parents' divorce, Auden has been unable to sleep. She's built a routine that gets her through each night; but when the opportunity comes for her to spend her summer at the beach with her father and his new family, she jumps at the chance to break out of her rut. Life at the beach proves more challenging than Auden expects. In addition to trying to figure out how she fits in to her father's new life, she also has to navigate the girls at work with their gossip and friendship and crushes. And then there's Eli, a fellow insomniac who becomes her nocturnal tour guide. With an endless supply of long summer nights between them, almost anything can happen...." Review: I was a Sarah Dessen - virgin. This was my first time reading her work and it was inexhaustibly fantastic. I couldn't put it down. literally I stayed up all night reading this novel, maybe just how Dessen wanted me to. that is why I'm writing this at such an ungodly hour. Wh...

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian (Review #29)

"Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister. Kate is tired of the rumors, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person - her ex-best friend - and she's ready to make her pay. Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him. Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they've each had a taste." Review: This book was FAN-TAS-TIC!! I am not for the petty popular girl books, and this is definitely not one of those books. The revenge you wish you got on the person who double-crossed you is finally let loose in one of the best and most inventive ways, and the ending left me jaw-dropped. This is a book everyone should have on their shelf.