Skip to main content

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (Review #48)

SPOILER ALERT: THIS IS A SEQUEL. FOR BOOK 1, CHECK OUT ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD!

"It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live - not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes. no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.

Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep, and sometimes in waking nightmares. But there is something very wrong... these aren't just daydreams."

Review:
Okay, I'll save you the trouble of reading this book and say that from the last page of the first book, to the last page of the second, nothing changes. I was rooting for Anna and Cas to be together. I had no idea how they would do it, but I'm the sap who believes that anything's possible, so, sorry Kendare Blake, for believing that things could work out. Personally, I'm pretty upset that I spent time reading a book whose plot had no development. I can honestly say this is one sequel that SUCKED.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Review #20)

"Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can. She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed. There is. She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong." Review: This is a book you simply have to read. It's probably a part of my top ten favorite books list. Mara is this girl who just lost her friends and boyfriend in a terrible, but also peculiar, accident and now people who tick her off - and who she's attracted to (cough-cough-Noah-cough-cough) - are in her powerful line of fire... It's a tantalizing tale that will have you (for a lack of a better cliche) gripping the edge of your seat!!

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen (Review #34)

"Ever since her parents' divorce, Auden has been unable to sleep. She's built a routine that gets her through each night; but when the opportunity comes for her to spend her summer at the beach with her father and his new family, she jumps at the chance to break out of her rut. Life at the beach proves more challenging than Auden expects. In addition to trying to figure out how she fits in to her father's new life, she also has to navigate the girls at work with their gossip and friendship and crushes. And then there's Eli, a fellow insomniac who becomes her nocturnal tour guide. With an endless supply of long summer nights between them, almost anything can happen...." Review: I was a Sarah Dessen - virgin. This was my first time reading her work and it was inexhaustibly fantastic. I couldn't put it down. literally I stayed up all night reading this novel, maybe just how Dessen wanted me to. that is why I'm writing this at such an ungodly hour. Wh...

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian (Review #29)

"Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister. Kate is tired of the rumors, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person - her ex-best friend - and she's ready to make her pay. Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him. Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they've each had a taste." Review: This book was FAN-TAS-TIC!! I am not for the petty popular girl books, and this is definitely not one of those books. The revenge you wish you got on the person who double-crossed you is finally let loose in one of the best and most inventive ways, and the ending left me jaw-dropped. This is a book everyone should have on their shelf.